Nigeria Moves Closer to Turning Long-awaited Oil Bill Into Law

Nigeria moved closer to turning the first part of a long-awaited oil industry bill into law after the lower house passed the same version of the legislation approved by the Senate last year, a lawmaker in the House of Representatives said on Thursday.

It is the first time both houses have approved the same version of the bill. It still needs the president’s signature to become law.

The legislation, which Nigeria has been trying to pass for more than a decade, aims to increase transparency and stimulate growth in the country’s oil industry.

Under President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration, the Petroleum Industry Bill was broken up into sections to ease passage.

The House of Representatives passed the first part called the Petroleum Industry Governance Bill (PIGB) on Wednesday.

“The PIGB, as passed yesterday, is the same as passed by the Senate. We have harmonized everything and formed the National Assembly Joint Committee on PIB,” Alhassan Ado Doguwa, a lawmaker in the House of Representatives, told reporters in the capital Abuja.

“Every consideration of the bills is now under the joint committee. We have broken the jinx after 17 years. We are working on the other accompanying bills.”

Doguwa is the chairman of the lower house’s Ad-hoc Committee on the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) as well as of the National Assembly Joint Committee on PIB.

The joint committee is working on two more bills as part of the PIB.

The governance section deals with management of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

Uncertainty over terms affecting taxation of upstream oil development has been the main sticking point holding back billions of dollars of investment for the oil industry. This will be addressed later in an accompanying bill.

Shell, Chevron, Total, ExxonMobil and Italy’s Eni are major producers in Nigeria through joint ventures with the state oil firm NNPC.

The PIGB would create four new entities whose powers would include the ability to conduct bid rounds, award exploration licenses and make recommendations to the oil minister on upstream licenses.

“It’s an unprecedented step forward. The PIB is something that has defied the last two governments,” Antony Goldman of PM Consulting said.

“The detail of what is agreed will determine the extreme to which the bill takes politics out of the sector and tackles systemic corruption.”

 

 

 

 

THE domain at THE price! $.99 .Com Domains from GoDaddy!

China’s Economy Posts First Annual Increase Since 2010

China’s economy surged in 2017, posting a 6.9 percent increase from the year before — its first annual increase in seven years.

The figures announced Thursday by the National Bureau of Statistics outstripped the 6.7 percent increase recorded in 2016, which marked the weakest annual expansion in 26 years. The final number was also well above the 6.5 percent target set by government policymakers.

The bureau credited the unexpected gains on robust exports, which rose 10.8 percent from the previous year, and increased consumer spending, with retail sales growing by 10.2 percent.

The figures boost the government’s decision to turn from wasteful and polluting industries, which had fueled China’s rapid rise to become the world’s second-largest economy.

 

THE domain at THE price! $.99 .Com Domains from GoDaddy!

Iraq, BP Sign Initial Deal to Develop Kirkuk Oil Fields

Iraq and British energy giant BP have signed a memorandum of understanding to develop lucrative oil fields in the country’s north.

 

The Oil Ministry’s statement quotes BP’s president for the Middle East region, Michael Townshend, as saying that his company will conduct surveys and studies to increase production to 750,000 barrels a day. It says the signing took place in Kirkuk on Thursday without giving more details.

 

As of late last month, the fields around Kirkuk produced around 140,000 barrels a day, all of which went to refineries.

 

Iraqi forces seized the disputed city of Kirkuk from Kurdish forces in October. The Kurds, who took control of Kirkuk and other disputed areas when Islamic State group swept into Iraq in summer 2014, exported oil through their own pipeline to Turkey.

 

 

THE domain at THE price! $.99 .Com Domains from GoDaddy!

Рада підтримала законопроект про приватизацію держмайна

Верховна Рада підтримала законопроект про приватизацію державного майна у другому читанні та в цілому.

За документ проголосували 266 народних депутатів.

«Враховуючи те, що понад 90% державних активів введено в експлуатацію 50–150 років тому, затримка з приватизацією цих об’єктів  призводить до їх подальшого руйнування, зниження інвестиційної привабливості. Відсутність джерел потрібних для модернізації виробництва інвестицій впливає на конкурентоспроможність державних підприємств, неефективне управління доводить їх до банкрутства», – йдеться в пояснювальній записці до законопроекту.

Згідно з документом, метою проекту закону є «суттєве удосконалення, спрощення і скорочення процедур приватизації для досягнення високих темпів приватизації,  прозорості та відкритості приватизаційного процесу, залучення широкого кола інвесторів до придбання державної власності».

«Цей закон дає можливість створити десятки тисяч робочих місць у найближчий період в Україні, створити умови для серйозного економічного зростання», – сказав прем’єр-міністр Володимир Гройсман під час засідання Ради.

9 листопада 2017 року парламент підтримав урядовий законопроект про приватизацію в першому читанні.

До затвердженого Фондом державного майна переліку підприємств, які підлягають приватизації у 2018 році, входять майже 100 об’єктів За словами голови ФДУ Віталія Трубарова, держава планує отримати від приватизації майже 22,5 мільярдів гривень.

THE domain at THE price! $.99 .Com Domains from GoDaddy!

Одразу два міста запланували купити іноземні Skoda – #Точно

Козятинська міська рада і комунальне підприємство «Вінницяміськтеплоенерго» планують закупити іноземні автомобілі марки Skoda на початку 2018 року. Така інформація міститься в річному плані закупівель на порталі ProZorro, повідомляє проект Радіо Свобода #Точно.

КП «Вінницяміськтеплоенерго» запланувало витратити на Skoda Rapid понад 772,5 тисячі гривень. Комунальники зазначили, що будуть закуповувати автомобіль не на відкритих торгах, а на так званих допорогових закупівлях. Закон «Про публічні закупівлі» дозволяє монополістам купувати без електронних аукціонів товари і послуги дешевші від одного мільйона гривень і роботи вартістю нижчою за п’ять мільйонів гривень.

Виконавчий комітет Козятинської міської ради планує купити легковий автомобіль Skoda Superb за півмільйона гривень.

Минулого року сільрада на Полтавщині купувала автомобіль за півмільйона гривень.

 

THE domain at THE price! $.99 .Com Domains from GoDaddy!

Turkey says US ‘Inconsistent’ on Syrian Border Force

Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said Thursday the United States has made inconsistent statements about its plans to create a Kurdish-led Syrian border guard and called on Washington to stand with Turkey against the emergence of such a force.

 

Turkey has reacted angrily to the U.S.-led coalition’s stated plans to form a 30,000-strong Kurdish-led force, calling it an “army of terror” and vowing to crush it. It has also said it will launch a military offensive against the enclave of Afrin and other Syrian Kurdish militia-controlled territories, and has been massing troops and tanks on its border.

 

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson told reporters Wednesday that the United States owes Turkey an explanation for saying that it is supporting the creation of a border security force in northern Syria.

 

Tillerson said the “entire situation has been mis-portrayed, mis-described, some people misspoke. We are not creating a border security force at all.” He said the U.S. intended to provide training to local elements in areas liberated from the Islamic State group.

 

Turkish leaders were not satisfied. Yildirim said Turkey had received consecutive “statements that contradict each other within the past three days.”

 

“The U.S. must eliminate the confusion and change its stance in favor of peace and improving relations with Turkey,” he said during an address to police chiefs.

 

Asked about Tillerson’s statement, Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu told Turkey’s CNN-Turk television in an interview that “we are not satisfied.”

 

“Is our mistrust toward the United States continuing? Yes it is,” he said, adding that Washington had not kept to its promise to take back weapons it had supplied to the Syrian Kurdish militia fighting the Islamic State group. Turkey says the weapons frequently end up in the hands of outlawed Kurdish rebels fighting Turkey.

 

Turkey regards the Syrian Kurdish militia that controls Afrin and other areas along its border as an extension of the Kurdish insurgency and wants to prevent the establishment of a Kurdish corridor along the frontier.

 

The Kurdish militia, which forms the backbone of the U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces, now controls nearly 25 percent of Syrian territory. It is the U.S.-led coalition’s chief ally in the campaign against IS militants in Syria.

 

Meanwhile, Turkey’s chief of military staff and the head of its intelligence agency travelled to Russia for talks expected to touch on the possible Turkish offensive in Afrin, where the Russian military is believed to have a presence.

 

A Turkish military statement said Gen. Hulusi Akar and intelligence chief Hakan Fidan would meet with Russia’s military chief, Valery Gerasimov, to discuss regional security issues, the latest developments in Syria and ongoing peace efforts for the war-torn country.

 

 

THE domain at THE price! $.99 .Com Domains from GoDaddy!

Співробітник УДО в суді розповів про обставини втечі Януковича

Оболонський районний суд Києва у справі про державну зраду екс-президента України Віктора Януковича на засіданні 18 січня допитав чинних співробітників Управління державної охорони України щодо обставин втечі Януковича в 2014 році. Один зі свідків, співробітник УДО Віктор Резніченко розповів про обставини втечі Януковича з Києва через Харків до Криму.

За словами Резніченка, 21 лютого 2014 року вдень Янукович приблизно о 22-й годині вилетів двома гелікоптерами зі своєї тодішньої резиденції Межигір’я у невідомому напрямку. Свідок додав, що через декілька годин після цього він отримав розпорядження від керівництва виїхати в складі передової групи до Харкова.

О 10:00 22 лютого співробітники УДО з Києва прибули у Харків у резиденцію, де вже був Янукович. Того ж дня Янукович поїхав до аеропорту Харкова, де чекали два гелікоптери. Через годину польоту екіпажу й пасажирам гелікоптера, де перебував свідок, диспетчер «Украероруху» повідомив, що гелікоптери мають повернутись у Харків за командою Олександра Турчинова, який тоді був головою Верховної Ради, а з 23 лютого став в.о.президента. Натомість гелікоптери полетіли до Донецька. Звідти Янукович виїхали автомобілями у напрямку Криму.

Біля Бердянська автомобілі зупинилися, співробітники УДО разом з Януковичем пересіли в гелікоптери, які, за словами свідка, ймовірно, були російськими. Як заявив Резніченко, це відбувалося в ніч на 23 лютого 2014 року.

За словами свідка, востаннє Януковича він бачив на плацу військової частини у Криму.

Допит свідків з УДО проходив без відео- і фотофіксації за їхнім проханням.

Оболонський райсуд наприкінці червня перейшов до заочного розгляду справи за обвинуваченням у державній зраді екс-президента України Віктора Януковича.

Янукович є фігурантом кількох кримінальних справ в Україні, зокрема щодо перевищення ним повноважень від листопада 2013-го до лютого 2014 року, щодо масових убивств активістів Майдану, а також за фактом захоплення ним державної влади 2010 року.

У справі, яку розглядає суд, слідство інкримінує Януковичу три статті Кримінального кодексу України: ч. 5 ст. 27 (державна зрада), ч. 2 ст. 437 (пособництво у веденні агресивної війни); ч. 3 ст. 110 (пособництво в посяганні на територіальну цілісність і недоторканність України, що спричинило загибель людей або інші тяжкі наслідки).

Екс-президент України, який втік до Росії після розстрілів на Майдані, звинувачення відкидає.

THE domain at THE price! $.99 .Com Domains from GoDaddy!

Emirates Throws Airbus A380 a Lifeline With $16 Billion Deal

The Middle East’s largest airline, Emirates, announced Thursday it struck a deal with Airbus to purchase 20 A380 aircraft with the option to buy 16 more in a deal worth $16 billion, throwing a lifeline to the European-made double-decker jumbo jets.

 

The Dubai-based Emirates already has 101 A380s in its fleet and 41 more on order, making it the largest operator of the jumbo jet.

 

“This new order underscores Airbus’ commitment to produce the A380 at least for another ten years,” said Airbus chief salesman John Leahy.

 

“This order will provide stability to the A380 production line,” Emirates Chairman and Chief Executive Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum said in a statement after the deal was signed in Dubai on Thursday morning.

 

Emirates, which is owned by the Dubai government in the United Arab Emirates, said the additional A380s will be delivered to the airliner from 2020 onwards and that some of the new A380s will be used as fleet replacements.

 

Airbus chief salesman John Leahy had warned only three days earlier that if the company couldn’t work out a deal with Emirates, it would have to shut down the superjumbo’s production line. Airbus has spent years and billions developing the double-decker jumbo jet, even as skeptics questioned whether it could generate enough demand to justify its cost and the bigger runways it requires.

 

An Airbus A380 has a list price of $445.6 million, but airlines and manufacturers often negotiate lower prices.

 

Airbus delivered just 15 of the planes last year, and aims to deliver 12 more this year.

 

Leahy told reporters Monday that Emirates is the only airline with the ability to commit to a minimum of six planes a year for a minimum of eight to 10 years, or what is needed to make the Airbus program viable.

 

“It’s positive news for both sides,” airline analyst John Strickland of JLS Consulting said. “The A380 is critical to Emirates’ hub-and-growth strategy and equally the airline is key to Airbus’ continuation of the program. It will be a great relief to Airbus to have secured this order, but they have to work aggressively to secure orders from other airlines too now.”

 

Dubai ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum said the deal reflects Emirates’ commitment to advancing “Dubai’s vision to grow further as a world-class destination and aviation hub.” Dubai’s main airport, where Emirates is based, is among the busiest in the world with more than 80 million travelers passing through in 2016.

 

Airbus tweeted news of the deal, saying it was “glad to announce” Emirates’ commitment to the A380.

 

Shares in Airbus rose on the news of the deal, gaining 2.2 percent on the day, to 91.67 euros in Paris.

 

At Dubai’s biennial Air Show in November, Airbus suffered an embarrassment when it was scheduled to announce it had a struck a deal with Emirates for its A380, only to see Boeing sit on the podium with the airline and sign a $15.1 billion deal.

 

Emirates’ fleet relies solely on the Airbus 380 and the Boeing 777 for its flights.

 

 

THE domain at THE price! $.99 .Com Domains from GoDaddy!